Saturday, April 5, 2008

In Eskisehir

March 12, 2002 - Finally in Eskisehir!!

Still in Istanbul we almost lost the bus that was leaving from Besiktas to the Bus Station (Otogar), but everything went right. After some difficulties to understand what the people at the bus station and inside the bus were speaking, finally I got here at Eskisehir.

They have a lotion inside the bus that they offer to everybody to clean the hands and as I could noticed they get furious if you don’t acept it. After 6 hours by bus, in a better one then the one I came from Athens to Istanbul, I arrived in Eskisehir.


As I’ve been studing and asking to my friends, Eskisehir is a city with 700 thousands inhabitans where the most of them are university students. There are 2 huge universities here and a river that cross the city and people say it’s the city point. Let’s see.

I’m already stabilished in my new home. My roomates are cool but I didn`t have time to talk to them. I saw only a little bit from the city, just knew some streets around where I live.

I can’t stay for longer here because I already answered tons of mails and it will get expensive. Soon I will be working and can send these e-mails from the office... what will be easier.

March 13, 2002 - Exploring Eskisehir!!

Hello everybody! I`m already exploring the city!

I went to Anadolu University... that place is great... seems like the universities shown on movies. I almost asked how I could finish my graduation here. I helped AIESEC people in some class presentations and then I went together to my new friend Onur (you will read a lot about him in the future) to walk around. We played table tenis, where I lost, but was interesting to learn the numbers till 22.

After the university we went to the office where there was a meeting to new AIESEC member. Then, we went dinner... the food here is really spicy... I hope my stomach supports for a little more till I find something better.


There is a german trainee here, Claudia, and we went there to her house to a small party... what was really fun! I drank a red vodka from Finland and came back home a bit drunk... but it’s OK.. at least I remember everything 

Kisses and Hugs!

No comments: