Wednesday, April 9, 2008

First day working

March 14, 2002 - Went to Company

Hi everybody!
Today morning I went again to the University to help AIESEC at the presentations and after that, Aysa drove me till the company (Endel) to meet my boss (Mr. Burak) and everything else. The company I will work is far away from the city, inside of an industrial zone, but as there is a company bus, it is ok.


We talked for sometime and I asked him the friday off... as you know, I`m brasilian and friday is not a day to start working... and he accepted... he is a great person :) I liked him a lot at the first day :)
The big problem I will have here is about the language as nobody speaks english, only turkish... the only one who speaks is my boss but I need to get used to his turkish accent. When he speaks slowly it is easy. Besides that, I`m not going to have ICQ but probably MSN messenger... I still don't know, on monday I tell you all.

Now I'm here waiting for the time when the bus leaves to go to AIESEC office and from there, organize my trip to Istanbul where I might to be to my friends again.

That's all for now. Maybe tomorrow I send an e-mail from Istanbul, I don't know yet how it will be.

Kisses and hugs,

March 15, 2002 - First working day

Hi everybody!
As you all can see I didn't go to Istanbul because my friends are not going to be there this weekends, then I decided to come to work. I hope my boss liked it :)
A dam cold early morning.. I woke-up at 6:30 am and almost got frozen when I put my nose out of home. Yesterday I made my bed on the floor using the pads from the sofa. I will take a picture soon. Talking about pictures, I can't find the bateries to my camera here... I think I made a very bad buy... would be better if I had a discman here :)

Mr. Burak (my boss) showed me the process we are going to remodel and if I have some space and time I will do a lot of changes because the actual database works but very bad organized. This is for future.

I have a computer now and as there was a room empty, only with some boxes and old stuffs, I asked to use it. Now I have my own room, with telephone and everything :)

Talking about good things... yesterday I was very sad that my plans to go to Istanbul failed but the AIESEC guys discovered the trainees in Ankara were organizing a pic-nic on saturday and on sunday a small sightseeing at the city. I already bought the bus ticket.. I just don`t know if I`m going there alone or if Claudia (the german trainee) will join me. Sad that the colombian trainee can not join us because she works on saturday.

Some bad news... I can't use ICQ or MSN or Yahoo Messenger... as I see we will need to schedule a time to chat somewhere on the web. Another thing is that I didn't find out how to call to Brasil without pay here, but paying there. The people here only uses mobile and I will expend a lot of money calling them. I hope I can call mobiles from the office.

That's all for now.. I liked very much the job as I'm going to plan, map the process and develop a system to them.

Kisses and I miss you all!

Alex (my name here)

No comments: