Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sulamerican day in Turkey

March 24th, 2002:

As previously scheduled with everybody we would go to Katherine's house to estudy turkish and prepare the lunch. I'm done with bread and yogurt everyday but I feel I will miss it when I'm back to Brazil.

We went to the supermarket (Katerine, Claudia and I), bought spagetti, tomatoes, portakal juice (their orange) and meat. They have no idea how to cook and I had to do the lunch alone, then I decided to prepare my famous pasta and create a souce... if the taste was not good, the excuse would be "it's a brazilian food" kkkk. But at the end everything went right, they love it. We ate a lot! Without bread and yogurt (finally) and listening to brazilian music, I felt like in Rio, seated in the balcony, during the Carnaval, eating pasta and listening to music.

After this Brazil moment, we started to study, repeating over and over the turkish words for more than 1 hour following a tape that came with the book. Time for a break, music in the radio, let's dance. They would like to learn how to dance... what a shame... but ok, I tried my best. Katerine also showed us some Colombian dances like Merengue, It was a lot of fun.

After that I went back home as I had to do laundry and talk to the guys in my appartment before leave around 8:30 PM to have dinner with the AIESEC people and guess... more bread with yougurt!! Everything here must have it? It's impossible to get rid of it. The only solution is to get used to it.

After this "turn back to reallity", the only thing to do was to go back home, have a shower as I was freezing, relax and go to bed to sleep.

See you in the next email (post).

No comments: